Thursday, August 16, 2007

Pulitzer Foundation, St Louis

The Pulitzer is an Ando Museum, and along with his Ft Worth, Museum of Modern Art, I think the most beautiful of Museums.



This one is built around an Ellsworth Kelley which sets an aesthetic surface and they show different ecumenical, is that the word -- all religions of Art, beside it.

I think this is a bit like the way curators use John McCracken these days at Art Fairs, and especially this year's Documenta, to organize the fray.

Well, it was closed today and I was very disappointed.





But I had pictures from a few years ago. This was an amazing exhibition, and among the best things done since the de Menils had the power to put together such things.

Richard Serras have been in St Louis for along time, I remember driving through St Louis more than 10 years ago and the morning news program was-- what did you think of the Richard Serra? They had one installed somewhere?


No comments: